The Elks Lodge: A History
Constructed in 1922, the Historic Elks Lodge Building was originally commissioned by the Benevolent and Protective Order of the Elks as a magnificent five-story structure with an anticipated budget of $300,000. After spending $110,000 on the first two stories, the Elks cut the plans short. The Elks occupied the majority of the building but rented out the storefronts below to various businesses. In the late ‘90s, the building was sold and spent roughly 15 years as an operating event center under various names. Most recently, the building was used as the Historic Ballroom to host many special events and social functions.
In 2017, Summit Creek Capital purchased the building with a commitment to returning the building to a centerpiece of activity in the Downtown Twin Falls area. In cooperation with the Twin Falls Urban Renewal Agency, Summit Creek Capital began an extensive remodel in October of 2017. The current renovation will provide space for a new brew pub operated by the Elevation 486 management team, as well as new retail and office space in the heart of downtown. With 14-16 foot ceilings throughout, new windows, new floor and wall treatments, and new sidewalk and streetscaping, the building will emerge from construction to once again become one of Twin Falls’ nicest mixed-use buildings.
Summit Creek Capital would like to thank all of our partners for their contributions towards the rehabilitation of this important landmark building.
For leasing information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.